Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Delivery Scheduled

Every Sunday night, the first night of camp, one of the last duties of the evening is to sort all of the letters and packages that have been dropped off by parents for their kids for that week. Mail gets delivered daily at lunch, so we set out five bins (Monday-Friday) and sort away, marking boxes and envelopes with the campers' cabin names to make sure they get set on the right tables.

One week, one of the program team (our summer program staff) was cracking crazy jokes and I was so tired that when I laughed I tipped over....and fell right into the Friday bin. And got stuck. Instead of helping me out my intrepid staff just kept sorting the mail right on top of me (and took a few pictures). It actually was quite comfortable.

And apparently I'll see everyone again on Friday. I'm just glad they didn't Sharpie my cabin on my forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment